Sunday, June 10, 2007

catching up

wow, it's been an exhausting week and i don't even know where to start writing! i guess i should start by saying thanks to everyone who left me a nice comment about losing my job. all those comments really did make me feel better. so thanks!

this week has been a total whirlwind and i feel completely off, out of my normal flow. my in-laws were in town all week and while it was fun, i was pretty glad to see them leave today. that sounds really mean. i'm just tired of sleeping on an air mattress in the living room, tired of my cat waking me up at 5 in the morning because i'm in 'his' room and he's a morning person, tired of eating rich food at restaurants and tired of having to entertain. i think that makes me a big whiner, but there you have it. i spent all of today napping, reading a book and trying to catch up on my out-of-control bloglines. and it felt goooooood.

while we were entertaining this week, i also managed to get a job! i know, crazy! it happened really, really fast. i applied on monday, got a call on tuesday, went for an interview wednesday and was offered the job on friday. i'm not 100 percent sure about this job, but i think for now it will be good, and i'm thankful i didn't have to be out of work for too long (though after my exhausting week, i could do with another week or two of slackerdom). i start tomorrow!

i also managed to work in a quick little project. it was my friend's birthday this week, so i made her what else? fingerless gloves! my fourth or fifth pair this year. this time i made the hand/wrist warmers from last minute knitted gifts. i used the called-for noro cash iroha, and though it's very beautiful, i had some issues with it. namely, the huge variation in thickness of this yarn. i would say it's mostly a worsted weight, but there were some parts that were really chunky, and those parts sort of obscured the pattern, a diagonal rib that was really fun to knit. still, i like how these turned out. snug and comfy, and they really did only take a few hours to make. my kind of project!



here's a picture of one of them...i really did make two, but i only finished one in time for my friend's birthday party, so i gave her that one then, and finished the second one the next morning.

my birthday is on thursday, so i think to celebrate, i'm going to have my first-ever contest later this week. stay tuned!