Thursday, June 14, 2007

happy birthday to me!

as i mentioned the other day, today is my birthday! i am 28. it's been a pretty low-key birthday this year - i worked, and we're going out for pizza here in a bit. i'm going out for drinks with some friends next week, but that's it for the celebrations this year!

last year, when i turned 27, i decided that 27 was going to be really great year for me, and that i really wanted to develop my creative skills and interests. i think i've done a pretty good job. i took up sewing, and continue to learn more about that. i've definitely developed as a knitter. and i started this here blog, which has certainly pushed me to put my crafty skills to work more often. it's also afforded me the opportunity to be inspired by other crafters like me. so i thought that today would be a good time to have my first contest, to thank you all for reading and inspiring me, and to celebrate the year ahead.

so i'm going to make it really, really easy. just leave me a comment on this post, telling me what your favorite birthday cake is. mine? when i was a kid i always asked my mom to make me pumpkin pie for my birthday, but there's also something really good about plain yellow cake with chocolate frosting, too.
i'll pick a winner probably on sunday evening.



and the prize? some yarn pirate yarn! you can pick one of the two shown above. that's clementine on the left and sadie on the right. if you win you can pick your fave!